In a world with over 7 billion people, you can choose to stand out, raise your value and influence your world. Never settle for less than all you can become. This platform is here to provide you with resources to grow yourself, discover your purpose, and achieve success in all areas of life.
Hi There! Thanks for dropping by! I am Brenda, and I am honoured you are here.
My background is in the medical and scientific industry and I have spent the last 16 years completing 3 degrees (Microbiology, Public health, Genomic medicine, and now….. MBBS 2021) while simultaneously working in frontline diagnostic medicine and translational research.
In my spare time, I dabbled in writing as a creative outlet and grew to absolutely love it!
Throughout my career, I have always been motivated to increase my value by increasing in knowledge and using that knowledge to take on challenges and grow from them. So far…
- Through reading and taking courses on how to master money, by age 30 I had no single loan or debt to my name
- I grew my productive capacity to the point where I was able to complete 3 degrees while working full time to support myself, all the while building and maintaining healthy relationships
- I wrote and self published my first print book while holding a day job
- I started and upscaled my side hustle while holding other day time responsibilities
- I completed my first 10 km run while only training for 6 weeks
- I have worked, studied and lived in 3 countries successfully so far
- I organised my wedding in less than 6 weeks while holding a full time job (due to impending relocation)
- In the course of my career, I have been literally offered promotions (without asking), got the first choice position out of 150 short listed candidates for a top city job, and successfully built a wide network of connections in my career within a very short period.
I started this platform to share my learning and experiences (both past and ongoing), to help others with areas I have succeeded in so far.
I want you to know that no matter who you are, or where you find yourself right now, you can become whoever and whatever you are determined to be.
Your mindset is one of the most important factors for your success in any area of life. One of my favourite quotes by Henry Ford puts it this way,
‘Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right’.
This mindset has been pivotal in helping me achieve accomplishments in both my personal life and in the workplace for over a decade. How? I apply a simple 3 step formula:
- I choose to always start with believing. Believing helps me see the vision of where I want to be and affirm it with words daily. This is where having quiet times alone helps.
- I work on being first because ‘we must first BE before we can DO’. I invest time in self improvement by learning everyday and in turn, growing my value.
- I then take action from a place of confidence because I am internally prepared to make a difference and influence my world.
How Can I Help?
By age 30 I had no single loan or debt to my name. I educated myself on how to ‘be in control of money’ and never let it control me. Debt is one of the most crippling issues affecting most young people today according to recent surveys. With careful and thoughtful planning, you can be free from all bad debt, learn how to take control of your money, and make it work for you. I can show you how here.
Productivity and Time Management
The true secret of being productive lies in improving your productive capacity. If you want to produce better outcomes without having to work 100 hour-weeks, you have to first grow a better you! You cannot move past your internal environment. You must first work on being before doing. With what you become, you will have and build a successful future. You can get my 5 strategies for improving your productive capacity here.
Personal development has been a priority for my success in life. The truth here though is, you grow best when you are stretched. With every challenge I took, I found myself becoming more confident to reach even higher goals and achieve more. Of course, this is an area that has to be personalised depending on your life purpose. You can follow this page for inspiring life lessons in this area.
My faith is the foundation on which my conviction and life values are based. God’s Word has significantly impacted my success journey and I will use this platform to share life lessons and wisdom principles from the Bible that will help you grow and succeed in life. Read more here.
The Working Student
I am passionate about mature students who have decided to return to studies to improve their career prospects through higher education learning, while still holding their day job. I know the challenges involved like the back of my hand (well after 3 degrees as a working student..) and I have created a package to help with the process here.
I hope to inspire and provide resources to help as many people as I can, with everything I have learnt (and still learning), while I can. .
If you would like to contact me about this platform, or any other services I provide, you can reach me here.